Cat Collars

By: Kristy Mason
I live close to a farm and where there are farms, there are cats. Needless
to say, I get a lot of feline visitors every day. Most of the kitties live on the neighboring farm. They are very useful creatures for the farm environment because they control the mice population. However, a cat can not live on mice alone, so I like to leave a little cat food outside for the critters.

None of these felines wear a cat collar because they are kind-of freelance pets. Occasionally, one or two cats decide that I am their owner of choice. They visit the property, chase mice and eat the food I leave for them. They are especially appreciative of the canned cat food during the winter months and I usually find more than a couple farm cats wandering around my yard.

Recently, I discovered an unusual kitty who wears a cat collar. This is not common among farm cats in our area so I immediately thought that this was someone’s pet and the family could be looking for her. This cat is magnificent, wearing long fur that almost looks like white feathers from a distance. Her eyes are so green that you could spot them in the darkest night.

The first thing I had to do was to get close to her in order to see if she really was a pet. I had no doubt that she was. The problem was getting close to the one with the cat collar without scaring her off. This is no easy feat, especially when the other feline visitors are prone to run of when they detect the slightest movement.

I knew that there would be no way to find out where the pet came from unless I picked her up. I was certain that her information was hidden on the cat collar. Many people will buy a personalized cat collar that comes in very handy during such a time and I was sure that this cat was from a loving home and has an owner who would take such measures to insure that that precious pet would not be lost.

I had no luck even getting close to the kitty wearing the cat collar but I did manage to find a flyer with the cat’s picture on it with the family’s information. The cat’s name is Sebastian, and the flyer said that it is written on her cat collar along with her phone number. I gave her owner a call and he immediately came to my property to claim his cat. The cat collar did not really help in this situation, but it may have if I knew the proper way to approach a cat.

Article Source: http://animalarticles.com

0 comments: